Friday, August 26, 2011

Lost in Blogland

Wow! What a journey I've been on since my first post!!  Somehow, I managed to get lost in Blogland for about 36 hours and couldn't access my own account to post again.  Let me just say I had been up very late Monday night (into early Tuesday morning) finishing off canning pickled vegetables from a generous friend's enormous garden, so I wasn't too clear headed when I tried to access my account.  That explained, fortunately I have a tenacious nature (which reminds me of a license plate I once saw on an expensive car....tnaciti......yes, tenacity which I exhibited by following the expensive car about fifteen mintues/miles until I had figured out the meaning of the plate....but, that's a different journey). 

 Two important things I want to share with you this morning.  The first is the wonderful sites, yes sites, I saw during my journey into Blogland.  I was so impressed with the blog sites I encountered yesterday, especially those belonging to you who read my first post.  Truly inspirational, well written and full of information, not to mention artistically beautiful.   In addition to seeing what can be accomplished with a blog site, knowing that someone actually read my first post had a lot to do with my continued pursuit of the way back to my own site, smile.

Secondly, and most important (in fact the reason I started blogging), is the contest Nicole Campanella/Beadwright had to win Sherry Serafini's new book, Sensational Bead Embroidery.  I won the drawing!!!  I am so excited and must say that sharing the news with you all was another incentive for my recent Blogland journey.  I can hardly wait to get some new bead embroidery projects started and share the results with you.  I'm sure Sherry's book will be most inspirational.  So glad Nicole plans to have more drawings, too.

I hope to have more to post later today.  It's date day and I'm headed down the Oregon Coast with my husband for a day of fun and adventure.  We plan to do a lot of beachcombing and I hope to be able to share with you about the treasures I have found.  So, until later......

No comments:

Post a Comment